I don't get my haircut often, it's usually about every 4-6 months and I usually just get my hair trimmed since I like to keep it long.
This is done by students learning and since I have long hair and figured that if they mess it up, I would go and get it fixed somewhere else without having to worry about it drastically changing up how I look. I asked for a trim with some layers added in.
I was pleasantly surprised by the haircut that I got.
- It's a cheap haircut.
- The student is under supervision by an instructor and in my case, the instructor came over frequently to check the student's work and corrected what she missed.
- The student was very careful and took her time with my hair. She was really trying to do a good job and made sure that I liked the haircut that I was getting.
- It's a nice feeling to help out students that are learning in their field to become professionals.
- It was very time consuming. It took her about 2 hours to cut my hair and that included the shampoo. So if you are looking for a quick haircut, this is not the place to go if you are in a hurry.
- It's a little nerve racking wondering if they are going to do a good job. The student appeared nervous every time the instructor came over to check her work and gave her some pointers on how to check length and do layers correctly.
I would definitely go again. If you are looking for a drastic change in your hair, I would probably go to a regular salon. I have not tried out their other services, like color or highlights, but I would definitely give it a try.